Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 7

On Tuesday, Scott and I went to our first OB appointment complete with an ultrasound. I am 7 weeks 3 days with a due date of May 23, 2010. The ultrasound was almost like an out of body experience. It was just hard to comprehend that was our baby. Maybe because I did ultrasound for so long and have always shown other people their babies for the first time. Scott was amazed to see the little heart that early and going that strong. My mom bought me two new books that I can't wait to read. She also got Scott a picture frame for the ultrasound picture that says UNDER CONSTRUCTION. How cute is that.

I also went and saw my friend Amanda in Birmingham this weekend. She is pregnant with number 3 and more than ready to deliver. It was great to talk with her and get advise from someone who has already done this. Alex, her son age 7, said that I was definitely having a girl. When I asked why, he replied, "well mom's having a girl and you two everything the same, so it must be a girl." He also won his Aunt Mel a prize to give to my baby girl, a pink octopus. In the event it is not a girl I could keep it. Her other son Patton who is 4 disagreed with the Alex's gender prediction. He said that I was having a boy and we were going to call him Stupid. Kids are great. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious first picture of Baby Ruppert! He/She looks perfect! I love the "under construction" frame. How fitting! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete